Thursday, March 26, 2015

New Releases I'm Looking Forward To: 2nd Quarter 2015

My usual disclaimer:
Let me state, this is really based on authors or series that I'm already reading since those are the things I follow.  I'm not paid to write this blog nor do I have any affiliations with any publishers so I don't receive free books or advance notice of things except what I glean off Facebook from people who do have those contacts or what I research on my own (which again, leads back to authors that I'm already reading).  Maybe someday I'll be one of those who has the contacts and gets ARCs but it's not today.

Well, I'm still behind in a lot of my reading.  School reading has been quite crazy plus, you know, life but things are finally nearing completion so I'm hoping to be able to deal with backlog of lots of stuff around the house including my reading.  Thankfully, it looks like another quiet quarter so maybe, just maybe I can get a handle on things.

Dark Heir by Faith Hunter sees Jane Yellowrock pitted against one of the biggest, baddest vampire witches around who has a personal motive to bring chaos and destruction to New Orleans.  When is she getting a raise if these are the types of things she is going to keep getting set against?  I'm currently a book behind in the series so I still don't know how she got out of the last mess but apparently she did.

Release date: April 7

The only other book coming out this quarter is the final book in the Blackwell Pages trilogy, Thor's Serpents by M.A. Marr and K.L. Armstrong.  This is one of the kids' books but I've been enjoying the series.  It's banking on the success of books like Percy Jackson with kids who are direct descendants of the Norse Gods and trying to save the world from Ragnarok.

Release date: May 19

And that's it for the quarter.  The next quarter isn't looking very heavy either but the last quarter is going to be nuts again. Maybe I can be caught up by then?

No comments:

Post a Comment