Thursday, April 23, 2015

46:120 The Curious Case of the Werewolf That Wasn't, the Mummy That Was, and the Cat in the Jar by Gail Carriger

A short story about Alexia's father, Alessandro as he goes to Egypt to have his Aunt's cat embalmed with his faithful manservant, Floote.  Of course, that is not the only reason he is there as the Knights Templar have gotten word of an extraordinary discovery in the tombs there that may be why no supernaturals have made their homes in that desert land.

While I normally love Ms. Carriger's work, I just had the hardest time getting into this one.  Alessandro is a stuck-up ass with no real redeeming points in it and I just couldn't find myself caring about him or anyone else in the story or about what was happening.  While I would love to know more about Alexia's family, this just didn't do it for me.

Page count: 32p/9,860p ytd/224,794p lifetime

No comments:

Post a Comment