Tuesday, January 1, 2013

New Releases I'm Looking Forward To: 1st Quarter 2013

Ok, I'm going to try doing this at least once per quarter so I can let whoever reads this blog know what sounds good to me.  Let me state tho, this is really based on authors or series that I'm already reading since those are the things I follow.  I'm not paid to write this blog nor do I have any affiliations with any publishers so I don't receive free books or advance notice of things except what I glean off facebook from people who do have those contacts.  Maybe someday.

So here's what I'm looking forward to in the first quarter of 2013:

First book is Ever After by Kim Harrison.  The 11th book in the Hollows series, Rachel is being sucked back into the Ever After to fix the problems with the ley lines that she has created.  Big demons gunning for her, Trent getting involved, I'm sure Al will be as well.  Can't wait!
Release date: Jan 22


Second book of the year is Haunted Moon by Yasmine Galenorn.


I absolutely LOVE this series and Camille's stories are always fabulous!  This is the 13th book in the Sisters of the Otherworld series and each one has been better than the last.  Seriously, if you are into UF/PNR and haven't checked her stuff out yet, run to the bookstore and get reading!
Release date: Jan 29


Frost Burned by Patricia Briggs finally sees us return to the world of Mercy Thompson after almost two years away.  I can't wait to see how Mercy and Adam are settling down together and what will be coming in to wreck havoc on them this time.  Knowing their relationship, I'm sure it will be anything but ordinary.
Release date: March 5

Can I squee when I saw Midnight Blue-Light Special by Seanan McGuire is coming out this quarter as well?!  Seriously, she and Yasmine Galenorn are probably my top two favorite authors right now and getting books from both of them in just over a months time is like Christmas!  This is the sequel to last year's debut, Discount Armageddon and will again be following Verity Price which can only mean more of the awesome mice and ballroom dancing shenanigans...or at least a girl can only hope.
Release date: March 5

Deadly Sting by Jennifer Estep will see the 8th installment of the Elemental Assassin series.  I wasn't too thrilled with the end of the last book and while it was understandable, I really really loved Gin and Owen together and was sad when he walked away from it.  I hope we see some movement in their relationship, even if it's just strengthening their friendship in this one.  Yes, I'm sure there will be plenty of bloodletting and ass-kicking since Gin is so good at that but I'm hoping for a bit of Owen and a lot less repetitive introspection which is my only real complaint with the series.
Release date: March 26

And lastly, Kitty Rocks the House by Carrie Vaughn.  Kitty has returned to Denver from the conference in London trying to figure out how to gather more allies for the fight that will be coming with Roman while he continues his Long Game.  Apparently it's going to be busy with a new werewolf in town challenging her, Cormac off hunting things, and Rick being tempted by another vampire.
Release date: March 26

So what are you looking forward to in the coming months?  Anything I should be on the lookout for?


No comments:

Post a Comment