Saturday, February 4, 2012

110:18 To Say Nothing of the Dog by Connie Willis

I picked this one up on the recommendation of a friend saying I absolutely had to read it.  I had it on my kindle for about a year with her asking me every time we got together if I'd read it yet so I finally broke down and read it.  Wow!  It got off to a really slow start and I was thoroughly confused and wondering if perhaps this was a second book in a series or something as there was so much going on.  Turns out no, there wasn't and everything does get explained but it takes a while.  I think I was about a quarter of the way in before it stopped being merely confusing and started getting to the point where I understood what was going on and could follow easily at which point I was totally hooked on the story.  Trying to summerize this one is hard but basically it's a story about time travel that takes place mostly in the story's present day (2057), 1940s Coventry, and Victorian England.  There is love, a missing bird stump, cats, and to say nothing of the dog.

In all, a very fun and entertaining read.

Page count: 493p/6,124p ytd

No comments:

Post a Comment