Thursday, November 19, 2015

126:120 Reap the Wind by Karen Chance

The 7th book in the Cassie Palmer series.  Cassie is determined to save Pritkin from the curse he incurred on her behalf but it has been far from easy since she has to keep hoping back in time to try and find him before the curse hits so she and Rossier can be there when it does so Rossier can cast the counterspell.  So far, luck has not been with them and now their last chance is to jump back in time 1500 years which Cassie knows she can't possibly do until Rhea tells her of a special Pythia potion.  Now Cassie is obsessed with getting her hands on it but that is proving just as hard as catching Pritkin at the right moment.

This book has been longer than usual in the making and I really wish I could say it was worth the wait.  I wish I could, but I can't.  I found the plot overblown, the messes Cassie gets into and how she gets thwarted constantly are normal but there were even more instances of it this time, and now even the previous Pythia's are getting in on the "let's find and mess things up for Cassie" bandwagon which was really the only new thing.  There were no real answers although it was nice for Cassie to get a few clues on how to maybe start bringing the different factions of magic together but honestly, the book was overly long, boring, and drawn out to get only that tiny little bit of payoff after 500 pages.  It's a shame because normally I really enjoy this series but this one was a struggle for me to get through.

Page count: 514p/32,485p ytd/247,401p lifetime

No comments:

Post a Comment