Friday, November 6, 2015

121:120 Autumn Thorns by Yasmine Galenorn

The first in a new paranormal romance series by Yasmine Galenorn.

Whisper Hollow is a special town where the line between the living and the dead is thin.  As a result, there has always been a daughter of the Morrigan there as a spirit shaman to help lay the dead to rest.  Kerris grew up knowing that with her mother missing, when her grandmother died it would be up to her to take up that mantle but that did not keep her from leaving when she was 18 to escape her grandfather.  Now, 15 years later, she has received the signs and knew ever before the phone rang that her grandmother was gone and she needed to return home to take her place but she is determined to do things her way and that means not only laying the dead to rest but also finding out what happened to her mother and father.  What she couldn't know was just what she would unbury and what it means, not just for her, but for the whole town and maybe beyond...

I had my doubts about this when Ms. Galenorn first started talking about but the more I saw with the teases and snippets, the more intrigued I became until I finally broke down and preordered it.  I admit to being a wee bit drawn to anything with Celtic mythology overtones so it wasn't a hard sell once I saw the Morrigan's name popping up.  It was a fairly fast read, long exposition was mostly kept to a minimum allowing things to unfold and be told in a more natural way which I tend to prefer.  The story moved well and the characters believable.  We had a few things get wrapped up nicely but there are many more questions left to answer.  I look forward to those adventures.


Page count: 314p/31,162p ytd/246,078p lifetime

No comments:

Post a Comment