Monday, August 31, 2015

94:120 Wizard of Earthsea by Ursula K. LeGuin

My review from my first time reading it back in 2009:

So I remember reading at least part of these eons ago and all I could ever remember from it was the shadow that scared the beejezus out of me and I've never picked it up since.  Well, my brother has been waxing poetic about it and it was part of the English course I'm doing with foster son so I sucked it up, put on my big girl panties, and dove in. 

Yes, the shadow is still scary but I don't think I ever made it to the end as a child.  I really enjoyed the whole book and the deeper meanings within it.  I'm glad that I finally made it a priority and read it and I'm even more happy that my son and foster son have also read it and we get to share it together.  Beautifully written in a rich world with richer characters.  I really look forward to reading the rest of the series and other books by LeGuin.

This is now my third time reading this book and I have read the whole series now as well as a few other of Ms. LeGuin's work and it holds up so well.  I'm still enchanted with her worlds.  They are so rich and deep and it seems like every time I read them, I discover some other little nuance or buried thing that makes it that much better.


Page count: 336p/24,742p ydt/239,674p lifetime

No comments:

Post a Comment