Friday, April 11, 2014

43:120 Night Broken by Patricia Briggs

The 8th book in the Mercy Thompson series.   When Adam's ex-wife calls and says she is in serious trouble, Mercy is worried that it will blow up in all their faces but even she couldn't predict how right she would be.  Turns out Christy has attracted the attention of something much more supernatural than a mere werewolf pack and he is not about to give up what he feels belongs to him without a fight.  Adam will not leave Christy defenseless even to save himself or the pack but can anyone figure out just how to get a volcano god to back off?  If anyone can, it might just be Coyote but at what cost to Mercy?

I absolutely love this series and my biggest complaint is that it's a year between books which seem so short and I read in just a day or two because they are too good to put down and this one was no exception.  I didn't like how manipulative Christy was (which was totally the point) but I admired Mercy's self-restraint.  I did feel like Adam could have done a better job of handling the situation but at the same time, you can also see why he struggles balancing things.  In all, a great installment to the series and I am now saddened that I have to wait another year (or more, please don't let it be more!) until the next one.

Page count: 341p/10,454p ytd/191,446p lifetime

No comments:

Post a Comment