Thursday, November 7, 2013

112:120 1984 by George Orwell

This is the third time I've read this book.  Here's my review from the last time back in 2010:

Um, wow...Talk about a riveting but terrifying book.  I can see how he got his ideas and have to admit that there have been times in the recent past when things felt eerily close to trying to go down that road but unlike that book, I'm hopeful that the human race won't allow things to ever get to that point where it could continue in that type of oligarchy.  Please God!

Unfortunately with all the stuff coming out about the NSA and the continuing eroding of our rights, this novel is looking more and more like a possible future if people don't start waking up and demanding change.  My 15yr old just finished this book and wrote a scarily accurate comparison between the ministries of 1984 and various organizations in our government today when you start actually digging.  I'm not an alarmist nor a conspiracy theorist but I am scared for the future of my right's and my children's rights as we move forward.  Fear is not the way I want to live.

Page count: 328p/30,750p ytd/175,150p lifetime

No comments:

Post a Comment