Thursday, December 1, 2011

104:100 The Cricket on the Hearth by Charles Dickens

I don't know why it took me so long to get around to reading this as it was part of a treasury of classics that I've had since I was little but I always just read A Christmas Carol and never kept going.  It was Matt's bookclub read for December so I decided to go ahead and finally read it.

It was a sweet tale and endearing although I could have wished that John had trusted in Dot enough to speak with her although that wouldn't have given us the scene of hearth and home.  

I did try reading it to Jon and Nick but it was too slow moving to keep their attention.   Pretty sure Matt is going to feel the same way.  It definitely feels more like an adult tale than a children's due to the pacing.

Page count: 90p/29,503p ytd

No comments:

Post a Comment