Thursday, December 29, 2011

104:108 The Analects by Confusious

I have mixed feelings about this one and I think a lot had to do with the translation I was reading.  There were some absolutely brilliant pieces of wisdom in this that I wholeheartedly agree with but for the most part, I found it jumpy with a lot of inconsequential pieces in there (the part about how to draw a bow for example).  I also found it highly repetitive and not just the parts where every sentence would be repeated which made it very confusing.   I've got a different translation which I've heard is better so I'm going to give it another go.  There is so much sense in many of his views on government that it's well worth the read...if you have a good translation. Maybe we could make it required reading for our own governing bodies.

Page count: 160p/31,857p ytd

No comments:

Post a Comment