Tuesday, November 8, 2011

104:93 Walking Dead Compendium 1


I read this because it's one of my son's favorite comics and I enjoyed the first season of the show.  I have to say, this is one of the rare times when I liked the show better.  I found the comic to be slow and plodding at times, overly repetitive dialog, and insanely gratuitous blood and gore inflicted by the living on other living.  I get the whole zombie thing but it seems like the comic was more interested in just how crappy all living people would be to each other when this happened.  Just not my thing.  In addition, I found the artwork bland and had a hard time differentiating between a couple of characters because they simply looked too much alike.

In all, I would say just skip this and watch the show instead.

Page count: 1088p/26,680p ytd

No comments:

Post a Comment