Thursday, December 10, 2015

133:120 Who Was Abraham Lincoln? by Janet B. Pascal

A children's history of Abraham Lincoln covering from birth to death.  As always, I'm amazed at how little is covered in the textbooks of my time and even those that I use with my children for school purposes.  We are so busy trying to push more "knowledge" that it's impossible to make the people we read about into real people and to be able to relate to them.  For that reason, I've been loving these books as ways to learn more about some of our presidents as we get to see what they were like as children.  I had no idea that Abraham Lincoln was a practical joker but hearing about some of his pranks definitely made it more fun for my 9yr old to understand him.  I so wish we could always do history in that way for all grade levels.


Page count: 104p/33,836p ytd/248,752p lifetime

No comments:

Post a Comment