Tuesday, December 1, 2015

131:120 White Trash Zombie Gone Wild Vol. 5 by Diana Rowland

The 5th book in the White Trash Zombie series.  In the last book, Angel had to take an experimental zombie drug in order to help save the group against Arbitron in NY.  Now she is back to her junkie ways, stealing from the lab and Baby Z's doses to get her fix.  Of course, all of this is bound to backfire on her but it does so in some of the most unexpected ways.  While she is dealing with that, there is also the ZombieFest that is going on in her hometown to help celebrate the release of the zombie movie that was filmed in her high school but then weird stuff starts happening around that as well.  Angel needs to get her head on straight since everyone else in the Tribe is off dealing with other crisis in other states which leads pretty much just her to deal with the stuff going down there. But hey, she's Zombie Angel and she doesn't know how to go down without a fight.

I have enjoyed this series more than I ever thought possible because I loved seeing the growth of Angel as a character so having her back on drugs made me really, really sad because while I get that it's common, I had so been hoping that she was beyond that now but I admit to it being more realistic that having had to take something she would get hooked again.  What helped make it easier to handle was that the people who cared about her, didn't just condemn her (as she had figured they would) but were there to actually support and help her through it.  I'm really glad it went that direction because I'm not sure I could have handled it had the author chosen to have them all turn their backs on her.


Page count: 325p/33,396p ytd/248,312p lifetime

No comments:

Post a Comment