Tuesday, October 30, 2012

110:111 The Fairy Godmother by Mercedes Lackey

The first in the Five Hundred Kingdoms series.  Ella Klovis, also known as Ella Cinders, was supposed to be her kingdom's Cinderella except that fate left her with a totally inappropriate prince.  Now The Tradition is trying to figure out what to do with her when her Godmother appears with a most intriguing job offer, to be her apprentice and eventually the next Godmother to several kingdoms.  Now with so many people to look after and to wrest The Traditions into happier endings, what will happen to her own path now?

Ok, I admit it, I'm a horrid fantasy lover to have never read Ms. Lackey before and I'm now kicking myself. This book was phenomenal!!!!  She took an old, well known fairy tale and completely set it on it's end in a most delightful way.  Yeah, it's a total fluff read but hey, sometimes that is just what you need and with this one, you couldn't ask for better.

Page count: 479p/35,400p ytd

And yep, there's my page goal met!  I still have 9 new authors to try and get in before the end of the year, one more book to finish my A-Z author challenge and four more to finish the A-Z series challenge.  A-Z book title challenge is done tho.  The series challenge is a bit harder since some of those books are now in storage waiting for our move and the others are on my kindle which died a tragic death.  I have the new one now but the cover will take a few more weeks to get here and I don't want to do much with it until it's more protected.  Besides, still need to get everything downloaded and organized on it which will take some time too.  Hoping I can manage to do that and still get those books read before the end of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment