Thursday, July 26, 2012

110:77 Fate's Edge by Ilona Andrews

The third book in The Edge series.  Something has been stolen and Kaldar has been sent to go retrieve it.  Audrey helped steal the item for her family and is the closest link to help Kaldar find them.  Helena is looking for the item to use it's power for her own country and getting Kaldar would be a bigger bonus as revenge for her uncle, Spider.  Jack is afraid of being sent away to the evil changling school and George convinces him to run away and hide out on Kaldar's wyvern not knowing the danger they are heading into.

There are many players in this book and I right now want to say that I retract my impressions from the last book about Ilona Andrews doing what other urban fantasy romance novelists do and leave couples behind as soon as their story is told.  Cerise and William are back and working together on another case that intersects with Kaldar's.  George and Jack play prominently in the story although Declan and Rose are sidenotes.  I'm really, really hoping that they continue this trend of not just forgetting about the people we've already come to know.

This was a fabulous novel and I'm so glad there is another one coming out later this year.  I can't wait to see whose story gets told.  I also love that the villains from previous novels don't just go poof either but continue to be a presence.   I really enjoyed the story of Audrey and Kaldar but I also enjoyed watching George and Jack grow-up a bit more and come into their own.  This is shaping up to be a brilliant series.

Page count: 372p/25,098p ytd

No comments:

Post a Comment