Wednesday, July 25, 2018

50:100 Saga Volume 1 by Brian K. Vaughan & Fiona Staples

Landfall and it's moon, Wreath, have been at war for longer than anyone can remember. Their war has spread across the galaxy and is being fought on many planets at the point when Hazel is born to Marko, a criminal from Wreath, and Alana, a guard from Landfall.  Word has reached many of Hazel's birth and those that want the war to continue want her parents dead and Hazel brought to them.  They have called in mercenaries and all the troops but Alana and Marko will do everything in their power to protect their child.  This is how things started...

My son read this in his college class "Comics as Literature" and went nuts for the series and insisted I read it.  It's taken me some time as I tend to be really picky about my comics because I want it to be pretty (or at least not super ugly) but this one while it has some scenes that make me cringe is nicely put together with an engaging cast of characters (seriously love the babysitter!) and an interesting plot.  I'll definitely keep reading.

Page count: 160p/8,679p ytd/300,696p lifetime

No comments:

Post a Comment