Saturday, July 7, 2018

42:100 Dr. Eleventh originated by Roger Hargreaves written and illustrated by Adam Hargreaves

I can't remember if I had the Mr. Men/Little Miss books when I was little but I definitely remember reading them to my younger brothers when they were little and really enjoying them.  I was very happy when I was able to find them to read to my children.  Imagine my absolute delight when I found this mash-up of them with Doctor Who!  (Seriously, anyone who knows me knows my love of Doctor Who)  I admit to not being as familiar with the older generation of Doctors as I am with the new series (starting with 9) but I have seen a bit of them as I was growing up and as my kids have been enjoying them as well as the newer stuff.

For Dr. Eleventh, it fell flat for me.  I was really looking forward to it as it was him with River Song, one of my favorite companions of all time, and it just didn't work the way it should have.  Her character's voice was just wrong and it threw the whole story off for me.


Page count: 32p/7,376p ytd/299,397p lifetime

No comments:

Post a Comment