Friday, February 6, 2015

6:120 On the Banks of the Plum Creek by Laura Ingalls Wilder

My review from a few years ago when I read this book with DS3:

I've really just been loving these books, much more than I ever thought I would.  I love the independent nature of the family, how they deal with adversity, how they cherish what they have but continue to hope for that little something like money for new shoes.   I found it interesting that even at a young age the girls are taught not to cry over things.  You always think of that as something boys are taught but not the girls.  I really love and admire Laura's spirit and I love how Pa seems to encourage it so long as it's safe for her.  Really sets some preconceived notions on how people used to raise their children on end.

I'm sticking with this.  I'm now really wanting to get my hands on her autobiography to see more about the discrepancies I've heard about.

Page count: 358p/2,016p ytd/216,950p lifetime

No comments:

Post a Comment