Thursday, January 1, 2015

2014 Recap and 2015 Goals

I again had high hopes for this year, especially where reading was concerned about starting to get through some of my backlog of books.  For some reason though, I was having problems concentrating over the summer and it continued into the fall and made reading hard (something I've never experienced before and hope never to experience again) and it definitely put me behind where I wanted to be when December came around.

However, my brain did finally seem to wake from its fog and I wasn't so far behind that I couldn't hit most of my reading goals so I read like a fiend and completed 122 books (although only 120 by Goodreads count since it doesn't count that I read one book twice and there was another book that is not yet published) and managed to just barely get in the 40 new authors.  Page count was low at only at not quite 34,000 pages but I gave it a good go for a while.  There were some short stories/novellas but the average page per "book" was almost 278 pages so I think I'm good there.

In an amazing turn of events, I did actually end the year with a few less books in my to-read pile than last year mostly because I did some more decluttering of the shelves so whereas at the start of the last year my Goodreads list was at 1331 and Shelfari said 1332, Goodreads only has 1329 and Shelfari 1328.  So yeah, not a big reduction but it happened for the first time since I started keeping track so I'm counting it as a victory. :)

So the goals for 2015 are basically the same as for 2014.  120 books read, 40 new authors, and I'm going to try once again for 40,000 pages.  That is a goal I keep striving for but keep falling short of but one of these years I'll make it.  I'm also going to go with the same goal for my to-read pile which is to keep it from hitting more than 25 higher at the end of the year than at the beginning.  Maybe I'll be able to actually hit that one two years in a row?  My bookshelf can hope. LOL

What are your reading goals for 2015?

No comments:

Post a Comment