Monday, June 16, 2014

70:120 Loki's Wolves by K.L. Armstrong & M.A. Marr

The first book in the Blackwell Pages series.  Matthew Thorsen has grown up his entire life being the black sheep of his family even if they are all descended directly from Thor so it's a great surprise when he his chosen as the champion that will lead them into battle during Ragnarok.  He is both scared and thrilled until he overhears the conversation of the elders afterward and discovers they want him to fail in his mission.  Now he finds himself on the run with classmates and former enemies, Laurie and Fen, who are also descendants of Loki trying to follow the clues that the Norns have given him and find the other descendants of the gods who will be necessary in the upcoming battle.

I love Kelley Armstrong's Otherworld series and Viking mythology so when I saw this in the bookstore, I had to grab it for my, then, 12 year old.  It's an entertaining take on the mythos that brings things into today's time and entertwines the mythology throughout while relating nicely to the middle-school group.  The second book is now in the house but I've been informed I'm not allowed to read it until my son does.  He's become a big fan.

Page count: 358p/17,364p ytd/198,402p lifetime

No comments:

Post a Comment