Monday, April 22, 2013

50:120 The Last Battle by CS Lewis

This is what I had to say last time:

An interesting end to the series.  Not totally unexpected and certainly in line with most tales of that sort tho still not quite what I had thought was going to happen.  It's hard to put my finger on but this one didn't feel quite right to me.  I think perhaps it was the total lack of depth in some of the "main" characters this time around.  Even the ones we knew from previous books weren't as "alive" as they were previously.  Still, all in all, a very good series, very enjoyable with wonderful descriptive writing.  

And you know, I'm going to stick with that.  It just really wasn't very fleshed out in the manner of the other stories and was a bit of a letdown at the end.  When asked, my 12yr old stated that The Silver Chair or The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe were his favorites (with The Magician's Nephew very close to making that list) and it's easy to see why.  It's not a lack of action but more a lack of adventure of the self that this book is lacking.

Page count: 211p12,541p ytd/156,961p lifetime

No comments:

Post a Comment