Wednesday, April 4, 2012

110:41 Timeless by Gail Carriger

The 5th (and last) of the Parasol Protectorate series.  Alexia has been invited to bring Prudence to Egypt to meet the oldest living vampire queen in existence.  Of course, Alexia can do nothing simply so she ends up bringing not only her family but Ivy, Tunstell, their twins and nanny, and their acting troupe to perform for the queen as well.  Of course tho, nothing is ever simple.

The good ~ I liked how some of the secondary characters roles were finally fully flushed out and we got the answers to most of the questions that have been brought up during the series.  And yes, there is a HEA in here.

The bad ~ I felt the last half of the book was a bit rushed.  Too much going on trying to wrap everything up nicely and a bit hectically.  Not awfully done, but just lacked the wit and subtlety of the rest of the series trying to get everything in.

In all, I really enjoyed the book and the entire series.  As my first foray into steampunk of any kind, it definitely made a wonderful impression on me and I look forward to dabbling in it further.  I've also heard that there will be more books set in this world in which these characters will contribute but that they will not be the main characters.  Rumor has it that they will be more about Prudence instead.  I can only hope rumors are true in this case as I would love to read such stories.

Page count: 402p/12,860p

No comments:

Post a Comment