Monday, August 22, 2016

65:120 Flight from Mayhem by Yasmine Galenorn

The 2nd book in the Fly by Night series by Yasmine Galenorn.  Shimmer and Alex are exploring their relationship but that is made more complicated by his ex, Glenda, stirring up trouble everywhere she can.  Then there is the haunted house across the street from her that is calling to her.  But what is really on everyone's mind is the murder of several elderly local fae.  With suspicions mounting that they are dealing with a doppleganger of some sort, Betty volunteers to put herself up as a bait and then everything goes wrong...

I felt that this book flowed better than the first and while the sex scenes felt less forced, I still rolled my eyes at some of the placements (in the office with a client waiting...really?!).  I get that it's paranormal romance but I also feel that it should enhance and serve the story and not be thrown in haphazardly and there were definitely a time or two that I felt that was the case.  In the good, there was more character growth and learning backstories which I always want more of.  I'm looking forward to the next book and hope to see more of that.


Page count: 321p/17,948p ytd/267,908p lifetime

No comments:

Post a Comment