Tuesday, March 1, 2016

20:120 Who Was Franklin Roosevelt? by Margaret Frith

A brief biography of Franklin Roosevelt. A good intro to this president and his time, including WWII.  I appreciated that they included a brief section on the Japanese Internment camps as I think it helps to show children how people can make horrible mistakes and it led to a good discussion with my son on what a horrible thing that was and how we must do everything in our power to make sure that it never happens in our country again.  Otherwise, I didn't learn as much from this book as I have from the others just because I think many of our history books focus so much on this time period and FDR.  Still, it was good for the 4th grader to start getting an idea about who this man was.


Page count: 105p/5,576p ytd/255,623p lifetime

No comments:

Post a Comment