Thursday, September 26, 2013

New Releases I'm Looking Forward To: 4th Quarter 2013

My usual disclaimer:
Let me state, this is really based on authors or series that I'm already reading since those are the things I follow.  I'm not paid to write this blog nor do I have any affiliations with any publishers so I don't receive free books or advance notice of things except what I glean off Facebook from people who do have those contacts or what I research on my own (which again, leads back to authors that I'm already reading).  Maybe someday I'll be one of those who has the contacts and gets ARCs but it's not today.

Lots of books last quarter which was nice although I'm still waiting to get my copy of the latest Yasmine Galenorn (Autumn Whispers) but I've finally gotten the call that it's waiting for me at the bookstore so I'll be a happy camper tomorrow.  This next quarter has some interesting new things in it so now again I'm just stuck in a position of finding the time to read them all.  Last quarter had 7 books and I've only read four of them so far (although in all fairness I'm waiting to acquire one that just barely came out, one is in a series I haven't started yet but am trying to find time to, and the last is in a series that I'm still a book behind in  *sigh*)

This quarter kicks it off right off the bat with the newest Cassie Palmer, Tempt the Stars, by Karen Chance.  Cassie is trying to get used to her new-found powers and being a half-goddess which knowing Cassie is probably not going so well.  

Release date: October 2

End of the month sees a new duology by Mira Grant debuting in Parasite!  After loving her Newsflesh trilogy and novellas, I'm really looking forward to this.  Set in the near future and a new type of tapeworm has been invented that protects humans from a whole host of diseases.  Now they are everywhere but are starting to want a life of their own...

Release date: October 29

On the same day, Charlaine Harris is giving us a last look at the Sookie universe with After Dead, an A-Z look at the characters that many came to love from Bon Temps and how they are faring now that the series has ended.  I admit to not being happy with the last couple of installments of the series but I'm hoping to get a better resolution with this one than I did from the last book.

Release date: October 29

Darkness Splintered is the newest in the Dark Angels series by Keri Arthur.  I go back and forth on this series as it sometimes seems gets too sidetracked and makes no movement on the main plot which is supposed to be so super important and with time pressure.  Apparently the time pressure is playing a big part in this one as Risa must find those keys but the Vampire Council is also heating up the pressure and if she can't appease them, her search may be over...permanently.

Release date: November 5

Curtsies and Conspiracies by Gail Carriger is one where I'm behind in the series but I really want to find the time to read.  The second in the Finishing School series which follows Sophronia as she learns all about becoming both a lady and a spy at Mademoiselle Geraldine's Finishing School.  Set in the same steampunk world as the Parasol Protectorate, it should be great fun!

Release date: November 5 

The year ends with the prequel to the Elemental Assassin series, The Spider, by Jennifer Estep.  We finally get the fully story of Gin's training under Fletcher and how she went from being an orphan on the streets to the most feared assassin around.  Really looking forward to this one!

Release date: December 24

And that's it for the year.  A pretty quiet end to the year which might be good.  I have no hopes at this point for ending the year with less books on my to-read list than I started with but maybe I can keep it from growing too far over...

Nah, who am I kidding.  My kids like to tease me about how many books I have but I keep telling them I can't have enough.  If there keep being awesome books like these and others that were released this year than obviously the problem is my lack of time for reading, not the number of books to be read.  I must read ALL the books!!!!  (or at least the ones on my bookshelves! LOL)



No comments:

Post a Comment