Thursday, June 20, 2013

78:120 The Shield Maiden by Michael 'Tinker' Pearce and Linda Pearce

A Foreworld Sidequest.  A short story of Sigrid who is a Shield Maiden during her first battle and what she discovers about herself and her talents.  Set in what is basically Viking times.  I have no other knowledge of this universe and bought this because a relative of a friend wrote it and I admit to liking to support friends and their relatives.  Sue me.  I didn't expect to be as drawn into it as I was considering I had no familiarity with the world but it was written so that it wasn't necessary.  There is some backstory going on that I think would explain some other things that were side plots of this particular story and I'm intrigued enough that I have put the first couple of actual books from this series onto my wishlist.  If they are as well written as this, I will be a very happy reader.

Page count: 67p/19,821p ytd/164,221p lifetime

No comments:

Post a Comment