Sunday, September 2, 2012

110:93 Wizard of Earthsea by Ursula K. LeGuin

Last read in April 2009.  Here's my review from that time:

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

So I remember reading at least part of these eons ago and all I could ever remember from it was the shadow that scared the beejezus out of me and I've never picked it up since. Well, my brother has been waxing poetic about it and it was part of the English course I'm doing with Jason so I sucked it up, put on my big girl panties, and dove in.

Yes, the shadow is still scary but I don't think I ever made it to the end as a child. I really enjoyed the whole book and the deeper meanings within it. I'm glad that I finally made it a priority and read it and I'm even more happy that Christopher and Jason have also read it and we get to share it together. Beautifully written in a rich world with richer characters. I really look forward to reading the rest of the series and other books by LeGuin.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Coming forward to today, I'm now studying it with Matthew and I enjoyed it just as much this time around as I did the last.  Having read the rest of the series and now other works by Ms. LeGuin, I just stand in awe of what rich worlds she creates and the incredible people she fills them with to create the rich stories she does.

Page count: 182p/29,109p ytd

No comments:

Post a Comment