Sunday, March 25, 2018

14:100 Kitchen Table Wisdom by Rachel Naomi Remen, M.D.

This is a hard book for me to review. Not because I didn't like it, on the contrary, but because I'm still digesting it and will be for quite some time.  It spoke to me on many levels and I'm still letting a lot of it percolate to see what comes out.  This was definitely the right time in my life for this book to enter it as it spoke to many things that I've been coming to realize about our connectivity to each other and our communities, about listening and how powerful that is, about our individual power to change ourselves and our world if we stop first and reach out but yet being mindful of our inner selves.  I've recently become involved with a truly amazing group of women, one of whom started the project Street Listening.  I have been so inspired by her and the group and while I have not yet had an opportunity to join them, to then read this book and see so many of those same things being echoed was extremely motivating and moving. 

I would definitely recommend this book to basically everyone.


Page count: 337p/2,270p ytd/294,291p lifetime

No comments:

Post a Comment