Friday, December 29, 2017

119:120 Notorious RBG: The Life and Times of Ruth Bader Ginsburg by Irma Carmon & Shana Knizhnick

I've always had a fascination with strong females in my history although I tended to hyperfocus on a few (*cough* Eleanor of Aquitaine *cough*) but again with my working to learn more and spread myself out, I've been picking up biographies of others and as I had been learning more about Justice Ginsburg through these memes, I saw the book and knew I needed to read it. 

It did not disappoint and neither does she.

Her tenacity and commitment are something amazing to behold as are the obstacles to equal rights  that she has helped break down.  The book is well written with lots of information, including excerpts from her briefs, opinions, and dissents, tons of pictures, and interviews with friends, family, co-workers, clerks, and the lady herself. The author does a phenomenal job of keeping it fast-paced and easy to read.  I think my only objection is the timeline where the author chooses to use a grouping method rather than a straight timeline so I'd be reading something and then realize that it took place before something I had read in a previous chapter but she did do a good job of trying to make sure relevant pieces were together.  Definitely recommended.

Page count: 240p/22,282p ytd/292,685p lifetime

No comments:

Post a Comment