Friday, December 8, 2017

111:120 Under the Mistletoe by Faye Larson

The only thing Brice really misses about having given up his office job to become a stay-at-home webcomic writer are the holiday parties. He loves everything about them so when his friend, Nathen, invites him to be his +1, Brice jumps at the opportunity. When he overhears some of Nathen's coworkers thinking that they are actually a couple, he laughs about it and shares the joke with Nathen when he looks up and realizes they are under the mistletoe and the joke is suddenly a lot less funny and much more wishful.

Fairly typical short story romance. I'm grateful that at least Ms. Larson's stories generally start with the people already being friends.  I really hate the whole "I just saw you and now we are meant to be together forever because it's Love at First Sight!".  I think having people who were already friends figure out that they might just be attracted to each other is so much sweeter.  My usual disclaimer, I know the author and was given a copy of this story with no expectations.


Page count: 26p/19,940p ytd/291,343p lifetime

No comments:

Post a Comment