Saturday, January 1, 2022

2021 Recap and 2022 Goals

 Not having any elections in 2021, I was hopeful about my reading and making great strides towards getting a lot of other stuff caught up. With the pandemic continuing to plague us, even with vaccines, there has still been a mental toll that is hard to shake. With all of the everything though, I did actually achieve my reading goals for 2021 although nothing like last minute finding some short stories by new authors to pull it off.  


So my goals for 2021 were 103 books, 25 new authors, and 20,000 pages.  I managed 100 books, 26 new authors, and 23,532 pages. (As always, the "books" are a collection of books, textbooks, short stories, novellas, and children's books but since there are so many things that end up not counting and my average page count per "book" is over 200 pages, and it's my game, I think this holds up.) As can easily be seen, I was way better with the reading than the reviewing. Something else that will continue to be a project for me moving forward.


2022 is going to be very hectic with 3 elections in the first 6 months plus all the semi-annual reports and other start of year projects.  I'm scaling back school as I've learned that yes, I can take 2 classes during an election cycle but it's HARD and ends up meaning that I'm not homeschooling or taking care of myself well.  With that in mind, I'm also scaling back my reading goals to 75 books, 15 new authors, and 15,000 pages. We'll see what happens.


If you have reading goals, I'd love to hear about them!

No comments:

Post a Comment