Friday, March 15, 2019

New Releases I'm Looking Forward To: 2nd Quarter 2019

My usual disclaimer:

Let me state, this is really based on authors or series that I'm already reading since those are the things I follow.  I'm not paid to write this blog nor do I have any affiliations with any publishers so I don't receive free books or advance notice of things except what I glean off Facebook from people who do have those contacts or what I research on my own (which again, leads back to authors that I'm already reading).  Maybe someday I'll be one of those who has the contacts and gets ARCs but it's not today.

While work has finally slowed down, I'm now crazy with getting things done for the third kid's high school graduation and dealing with a new soccer season and trying to catch up all the stuff that got waaaaaay behind last year so I'm still very behind on my reading but I'm hoping to catch up soon.  That said, there are books that I'm very much interested in because they are either books in series that I'm heavily invested in or by authors that I love and this coming quarter, there seem to be a lot.

First up is Grave Destiny by Kaylana Price, the 6th book in the Alex Craft series.  I'm a book behind at the moment but apparently Alex has been tied even more to the Fae courts and now there is a murder for her to investigate, the ramifications of which could cause issues with the Fae-Human relations. 

Release Date: April 2


Next up is a new one from Mira Grant, Alien: Echo.  This looks to be a standalone YA novel that combines terrifying aliens, alien world, and family secrets.  My youngest and I are both looking forward to seeing what she does with aliens since her zombies and mermaids have been so delightful.

Release Date: April 9


And then comes one that I've been waiting for, Blood Bonds by Yasmine Galenorn.  This is the final book in her Otherworld series, book 21.  Obviously the sisters and their friends are going to win the day against Shadow Wing but it's the how and who will make it out alive and how will the lives of those remaining change.

Release Date: April 15


I really, really need to get caught up on the Cainseville series by Kelley Armstrong since it's over and now there are more interesting novellas coming out like Cruel Fate.  This appears to take place after the main series (so I'm trying not to read too much about it since I'm still 2 books behind) but it appears that Olivia's real father has been freed but someone is trying to get him returned to jail.

Release Date: April 30


Seanan McGuire is at it again with a new novel, Middlegame.  Rodger and Dodger are geniuses that have been created to help Reed obtain godhood.  That is probably not something the rest of us want.

Release Date: May 7


Broken Places & Outer Spaces by Nnedi Okafore is an autobiography of how a once star athlete dealt with paralysis and found her creative voice.  I've been fascinated with Nnedi's works and started following her on FB and am just in awe of her strength. 

Release Date: June 18

No comments:

Post a Comment