Monday, February 12, 2018

7:100 Wishful Drinking by Carrie Fisher

Carrie Fisher's first memoir based on her hit stand-up routine (and for some reason the third of her memoirs that I read).  Her wit and style changed very little between the three (this, Shockaholic, and Princess Diarist) and is refreshingly honest and droll.  She talks about her childhood as the child of two Hollywood icons, their divorce and subsequent remarriages, her stepparents, growing up Fisher, how she found drugs and how they got their hooks into her, you know, the usual stuff.

I grew up with Princess Leia being MY Princess.  The one who stood up to Tarkin and Vader, the one who strangled Jabba, the one who would save herself or die trying but not just give up easily.  I wasn't even 3 when Star Wars came out but she inspired me and now as an adult and reading about her life and her struggles, she inspires me even more. I only wish she were still here but her words live on and they will continue to inspire.  She has become more than our Princess, she is now our General.


Page count: 177p/1,230p ytd/293,251p lifetime

No comments:

Post a Comment