Saturday, September 2, 2017

63:120 Magical Girls by Amber Benson, Sarah Kuhn, and Seanan McGuire

A story of how fandoms can bring people together to create lasting bonds of friendship that otherwise would likely never have existed.  Three women who meet each other through a fanfic board about their favorite show become best friends despite never having met and then we get to be witness to their actual in-person meeting, the insecurities of doing so, and a successful integration between cyberfriendship and meatspace friendship.

I've been there. I made some incredible friendships through parenting boards and 17 years later, I'm still friends with many of those ladies. I've met several in person and yes, it was a bit nervewracking each time but it always ended up being an amazing experience and I'm thrilled to have them in my life.  I've met people through fandoms that way as well and I'm happy to see a story being written about those bonds.


Page count: 55p/12,901p ytd/284,005p lifetime

No comments:

Post a Comment