Sunday, January 1, 2017

2016 Recap and 2017 Goals

Well, for the first time in a long time I didn't make any of my reading goals last year.  It was a weird year for me and books.  First, there were some really long ones for the boys' school and those kind of slogged me down.  Second, there were a couple of trips that meant more family time but less reading.  Lastly, I'm not sure what happened over the summer but I think it had a lot to do with hanging out with friends who were in town and doing a lot of work around not only our house but also a friend's.  Add all of that together along with doing a lot of Pokewalking instead of reading while kids are at activities and it meant a real decrease in my reading.  I'm a bit bummed and I tried hard in the last couple of months to make it happen but with the holidays and my being in a bit of funk for personal reasons, well, it just didn't happen.  I did get in 109 out of 120 books read, 32 out of 40 new authors, and only 26,318p out of 40,000 so it's not like I didn't read anything and there were some great books in there so there is that.

The other metric I look at is where my to-read pile is.  Shelfari is no more so it's just looking at where my Goodreads list was now compared to a year ago.  Last year it actually went down for the first time and I started 2016 with just 1325 on my to-read list there.  This year, that number is up to 1351 but again, with the my reading down that's not horribly surprising.  My big goal with this is to just keep it from climbing too much. :)

My other goals stay the same.  120 books, 40 new authors, and I'm going to try for 40,000 pages again.  Not sure how this will go this year for many reasons but it's something to shoot for.

No comments:

Post a Comment